Utah Clean Energy works to advance sound, strong policies for energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We provide education, technical assistance, and support to policymakers and key decision-makers at the state, federal, and local levels.
What are the benefits of clean energy policies?
State, federal, and local policies can be a significant drivers for renewable energy and energy efficiency, offering a variety of benefits to Utah citizens and all Americans:
- Create economic development and new jobs
- Help Utahns save money
- Diversify our energy portfolio
- Mitigate risk to consumers
- Preserve resources for future generations
- Reduce harmful emissions & improve environmental quality
- Improved quality of life
How can I get involved in Utah’s clean energy policy efforts?
Get involved and voice your support of clean energy policies at the local, state, and federal levels. Your input is important and can make a difference! If elected officials don’t hear from their constituents, they may never be aware of the issue and its importance.
- Sign up on our “Take Action” mailing list to stay informed on Utah’s clean energy policy efforts.
- Register to Vote
- Visit the Utah Legislature Website to track bills, find legislators, and learn about the bill-making process.
- Contact your elected representatives to let them know you want Utah to develop a diversified, clean, and sustainable energy portfolio. To find out who your elected representatives are, visit the following links:
- Contact committee members who first hear the bill of interest. For a bill to be heard by the whole legislature, it is vital that the bill get passed through the appropriate committee first.
- Learn what other states are doing in the Clean Energy Policy arena:
- Read the Utah Citizen’s Guide to learn more about the Utah State Legislature, how to read a bill, committees, testifying before a committee, and how to get more involved.