Voice your support of clean energy at the local, state and federal levels. If elected officials don’t hear from their constituents, they may never be aware of the issue and its importance. Your input can make a difference!
- Stay informed on Utah’s clean energy policy efforts, sign up for our list serve for updates
- Track Utah Clean Energy's Current Policy Issues
- Visit the Utah Legislature Website to track bills , find legislators , and learn about the bill-making process
- During the legislative session, consider coming to the Capitol to contact your legislator in person. The best time to do this during the legislative session is House and Senate Floor Time -- send in a note and request your legislator to come off the floor to speak with you
- Find out who your elected representatives are:
- Register to Vote
- Testify before a Committee on an Issue
- Contact your elected representatives on key policy and regulatory issues
- Send an email, make a call, or write a letter
- Be brief and refer to specific policies as much as possible, let them no if you are for or against
- Be respectful and have an understanding of the issues
- Learn what other states are doing in the clean energy policy arena:
- Read the Utah Citizen’s Guide to the Utah Legislature and the Tips for Getting Involved in Utah - both are great tools to learn more about the Utah State Legislature, how to read a bill, committees, testifying before a committee and how to get more involved.
- Contact Utah Clean Energy if you have questions about clean energy policy issues in Utah (801) 363-4046.